06 October 2008

Whats New?





Well, I just got back from another weekend serving with the Air National Guard. I was given the opportunity to change units which will give me a change of scenery as I finish out my last year of commitment.

I am enjoying a day of relaxation today realizing that once I get back from getting my instructor ratings in Santa Monica it will be all business preparing myself to fly with one of the most elite group of pilots in the world. I will be evaluated by MAF in December (8-19). This time consists of one week of mechanic evaluation and another week of flight eval. This is also just a time for the MAF staff to look at me as a person to see if I am up for the mental, spiritual, and physical strain that comes with being an MAF pilot. Your prayers are greatly needed and appreciated.

Last week I hiked Dog Mountain in the Gorge which showed me how incredibly out of shape I am. More than that though I was reminded of how wonderful God's work is in giving us mountains, rivers, sunrises, and for me a healthy body to just get up the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment